CelticR00ts

Nova Scotia Dui, Quebec License?

by: CelticR00ts on

Hey all. I run a landscaping company here in Montreal. I have been thinking about asking one of my brothers to come help me with my business... here is my question. He had a dui in 2012 for which he has served his suspension time, his fines however are high enough that he can not pay them. Can he get a quebec license without paying his nova scotia fines? i know for N.S. driving he will have to pay at some point to drive there again however im more concerned with him working the season here in montreal.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

All Canadian provinces have a Reciprocal Licensing Agreement. If you have a valid license, it's pretty much a straight swap if you are eligible under the terms.

Each province has their own set of terms (example: How long new residents can use an out of province license before having to exchange).

That being said, your license must be valid. You cannot apply with a suspended license in any province. I'm assuming your brother is currently suspended due to unpaid fines.

All provinces also have a reciprocal agreement in regards to traffic offenses. If your brother has issues with getting insurance in his own province, it's not going to go away in another.

Post a Reply