Fatal Error No Signature....please Help

Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
slowdriver

Fatal Error No Signature....please Help

Unread post by slowdriver »

I need some advice. I was charged section 182(2) DISOBEY SIGN for speeding, but the officer forgot to sign the ticket.

Should i request a trial or i've heard if i just do nothing, the ticket might forgotten about once they review it.

Does anyone have any advise on what is the best thing to do?

karra

Unread post by karra »

I would suggest ignoring it completely - the ticket 'is not complete and proper on its face' and therefore should be dismissed by the jp on the 45th day - however, some jp's will not notice this error and will convict you in your absence - if that occurs, the next step is appeal - once the appeal docs are in, the prosecutor who will defend the appeal will know that the appeal will be successful and will agree to withdraw the charge.

slowdriver

That's what i've been reading online to do....will i get a notice in the mail about the results if it's dismissed?

daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

One question is your ticket electronically printed or is it hand written? I ask because electronically printed tickets don't need to have a physical signature on them, hand written ones however do. So if your ticket is hand written you can ignore it and hope the JP reviewing it notices the missing signature and quashes the ticket. If your ticket is quashed due to having a fatal error they won't necessarily send you any notice. I would recommend that you call the court house about 30 days after the ticket is due and inquire about the status of your ticket. Don't tell them your legal strategy though, when they tell you just thank them for the info and hang up. If your ticket is still in process wait another 15 days or so and then call again. If it does get quashed then you won't have to do anything. If you get convicted by default then you will need to file an appeal. If it comes to that post here and we can help walk you through the process.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Also keep in mind you're issued a carbon copy, so the officer may have signed the original ticket that gets reviewed by the Justice of the Peace.

slowdriver

I think i have a pretty strong case either way, he stopped me at night with no radar and gave me a ticket for disobey a sign. And he said by counting telephone polls he could tell how fast i was going. I'm actually looking forward going to trail on this one, but then i noticed the signature was missing so i'm not really sure what to do.

If he does sign it after and the carbon copy doesn't have it, would i win on an appeal?