elleye

Red Light Ticket Mississauga

by: elleye on

Good Morning everyone!

I received a red light camera ticket yesterday from the city of Mississauga. The thing is it says that the offence occurred May 2014 and the conviction date was end of Jul 2014. However there are no pictures, no indication of speed time etc. I called to inquire and was advised that i would have to reopen the case in order to receive early resolution meeting. This is my first notice so I don't understand how the case was closed. Another deet is that the car doesn't belong to me however i am authorized to drive and I'm listed as an occasional driver.

Has anyone had to deal with something similar?

Please help as they would like me to come in an sign documents to reopen it ...

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Red light camera tickets get sent to the registered owner of the vehicle so I'm confused as to how you would have been charged. Are you sure it's for a red light camera versus a regular red light ticket?

elleye

by: elleye on

Stanton wrote:Red light camera tickets get sent to the registered owner of the vehicle so I'm confused as to how you would have been charged. Are you sure it's for a red light camera versus a regular red light ticket?

It was sent to the owner which is my mother. They had her sign an affidavit and swear that that she was telling the truth about receiving the notice on the 7. I called today and I've been told that case has been reopened and a court date in Dec. I have to reschedule bc we are out of the country then.

And I will be representing her as I was the driver of the car.

My question are:

Aren't these tickets supposed to have photos, and the time of the red light etc?

as I'm pretty sure I did not run the light and it had turned amber right before I crossed the line

Also any other advice you may have

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

The original ticket would include photographs, the notice of conviction would not. You'll probably have to request another copy of the ticket if you want to review it. The camera would only have activated if you crossed the stop line on a red light. Assuming there are no errors on the ticket, there's not much you can fight the charge on. You might be able to get a reduced fine in exchange for a guilty plea.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

elleye wrote:Aren't these tickets supposed to have photos, and the time of the red light etc?

You never received the ticket, which is the whole basis of your argument in reopening the case. You received a notice of your conviction. What that notice was trying to explain was "Hey, you ignored the ticket and you've been found guilty because of it". Once the case is reopened, you'll have your chance to get a hold of the original ticket and any other relevant information.

elleye wrote:as I'm pretty sure I did not run the light and it had turned amber right before I crossed the line

Red light cameras are triggered by lights and speed. If you're in the "zone" so to speak at a certain speed, the camera knows to take a picture because it's not possible to stop in time. The photos are then verified by an officer who checks your plate, the lights, and painted lines. The chances that your ticket is going to show otherwise is pretty slim.

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

elleye wrote:And I will be representing her as I was the driver of the car.

Unless you're a paralegal or lawyer, you'll only be able to represent your mom for an adjournment or guilty plea with her instructions (and maybe appear on her behalf at an early resolution meeting). You won't however be able to conduct a trial on her behalf. You should be aware of this if that's what you were thinking of doing.

Post a Reply