Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
tixerr

Proceed Contrary To Sign At Intersection 144(9)

by: tixerr on

Hi there, this morning i was leaving toronto from my girlfriends house. first time in toronto i was trying to get out of downtown central to get onto the highway, i had my gps on and it was directing me to turn left at an intersection i look up and i see a no left turning in the corner of my eye i see 7am at that split second every car was honking at me so i proceeded to go anyway. i got pulled over right away. im a g2 driver from a small city and i got just got my license about month and a half ago. the hours was 7am-10 am he pulled me over at 9:50 am. the fine is 110 and i can't afford this fine and the points. is it worth going to court and try to reason with the judge or just pay the bill? thank you for your help.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

tixerr wrote:the fine is 110 and i can't afford this fine and the points. is it worth going to court and try to reason with the judge or just pay the bill? thank you for your help.

You don't have a defense. You have a bunch of excuses., but they aren't a defense.

If you wish to have a meeting with the prosecutor, there's a possibility they can reduce your charge. That could mean a lower fine and probably no points.

If not, you can request more time to pay off your fine.

Either that or request a trial and do some reading around here.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

tixerr wrote:What's my chances getting my points to 0?since its my first offense andnot origin city. Overall what would you suggest I should do about this. Is 2 points going to affect my insurance greatly? I'm just worried. Thanks for the reply

If you are offered a reduced charge, the points will be applied according to that charge. Points can't be negotiated on their own. No one in the court house has anything to do with your points. They are automatically calculated and added by the MTO once you're convicted. Whether you're offered a reduced charge has very little to do with the fact that you're not familiar with the area. It has more to do with you just pleading guilty, albeit to a reduced charge, so they can just move on the next person.

Points aren't going to affect your insurance, convictions will. Any conviction can impact your insurance whether it carries points or not. Insurance providers don't care about points. They don't calculate them. They look at your convictions and base you rates on whether you're a liability to them.

How you handle your ticket is up to you. You can plead guilty, have an early resolution meeting, or request a trial. If you request a trial, you'll be offered a deal before your trial anyways. It's essentially the same as an early resolution meeting.

Post a Reply