A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

nickel052

No Last Name On Ticket

by: nickel052 on

I got clocked doing 21 over (81 in a 60). The officer failed to write my last name on the ticket. The ticket has all other info including my first name. Should I fight this? The officer already reduced my ticket to 14 over instead of 21 over. I know this ticket is already 0 demerit points but I still need to fight it as my insurance company will increase my premium for almost any infraction. Just wondering if not having a last name on the ticket was a major error or not. If it is, ill fight it myself. If it isn't, ill let the professionals take care of it.

Thanks for any advice.

nickel052

by: nickel052 on

I would like to add to this. I just realized that the officer actually wrote my license plate in the name section. To be clear, the name on the ticket says, (for example) BBBB 111, Andrew. The plate number section on my ticket remains correct. I'm starting to think this may be a larger error than I initially thought.

Please help!

Thanks.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Just make sure you search this forum for the London v. Young ruling. Gather all of the facts first... the procedure to get the ticket quashed is a bit convoluted. I'm just being lazy and don't have the links right now... but if you search for it, you'll see what can be done to get the ticket thrown out.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply