realgeek

Ticketted. Its A Funny Story. Intentional Accident

by: realgeek on

I got ticketed for a slight bump and its a funny story.

In one of my university courses, there was this girl I had a crush on and she was just so cute and seemed so nice, like literally so kind and fun. I have barely spoken to her before and I'm kind of shy and don't have many friends and find it hard to socialize but I'm a nice person. I've only had one girlfriend before for a short time years ago. When I saw this girl I really wanted to ask her on a date but didn't have the guts. We somehow ended up getting the same internship job and I was determined to get to know her. But unfortunately we were assigned jobs in different departments and I nearly never see her. However often when leaving work I'd see her leaving usually just ahead of me.

I had no opportunity and was also shy to ask for her number and get to know her. I didn't want to seem weird. So what did I do? (You must have guessed), when I saw her leaving I planned my exit such that I'd be following her car just as we were leaving. So I followed her and when she stopped at a red light, I intentionally bumped into her car. (I hesitated a lot to do this and I can't imagine how I did such a thing )

She was truly very nice and she said she was sorry for stopping to abruptly! I was feeling so happy out of this as I got to know her and got her contact details. But to ruin things a cop shows up and gives me a following too closely ticket.

Is there any chance of having it reduced or something? What option should I take?

In case you are wondering about the rest of the story, I used it as an opportunity to get to know her, chat after work etc, explain that I'm pretty shy etc and eventually asked her on a date and she said yes :D . I'm really pleased as she is really amazing. I'm feeling guilt for how I got to know her though and I really want to tell the truth eventually hopefully she doesn't hate me for that. I find it really hard to take first steps even for making friendships.

realgeek

argyll wrote:Yeah, ok...........don't you have another site to go and troll.

I'm not trolling. I know its crazy, but I could not think of anyway to get introduced properly to her. I find it so hard to make new friends and talk to people I don't know and this was my only hope. And I fear rejection so much.

Anyway about the accident, it was a slight bump with almost no damage and just some scuffs on both cars.

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

realgeek wrote:

I'm not trolling. I know its crazy, but I could not think of anyway to get introduced properly to her. I find it so hard to make new friends and talk to people I don't know and this was my only hope. And I fear rejection so much.

Anyway about the accident, it was a slight bump with almost no damage and just some scuffs on both cars.

Getting her phone number by hitting her car is creepy to the nth degree. You need help.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
realgeek

argyll wrote:
realgeek wrote:

Getting her phone number by hitting her car is creepy to the nth degree. You need help.

It is wrong and I feel awful about it. But I don't need help and sometimes we do stupid stuff for love. I will tell her about it as its the right thing to do. She knows me now and knows I'm shy but she likes me so hopefully she will understand. I don't have much dating experience.

Anyway that was just the side story, this thread is more about the ticket.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Good freaking G*d. You intentionally hit another vehicle so you could get her number? That's criminal dangerous driving, even if it was a slight bump. I won't even deal with the social aspects or what I think of the rest of it. I'm going to shut this down before it gets any more out of control. :roll:

Thread locked.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca