flyguy

122 Km/h In An 80...early Esolution?

by: flyguy on

I got stopped this past weekend for going 122 in an 80 on highway 410 northbound as it turns into highway 10. The total payable is $317 and 4 demerit points.

I've submitted my ticket with option 2 for early resolution but I'm curious what kind of offers people might have received for this in the past? Anybody been able to get out of the points?

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

If you have no prior record and the officer didn't reduce it at roadside, then you have a good chance of getting it lowered to 29 over (3 point offence). If however, you have a prior speeding charge within the last 2-3 years, then it likely won't be dropped at all. And if it was reduced by the officer, then you can be fairly certain that the speed rate will be 'amended up' to the original speed if you go to trial. Bottom line: the likelihood of you getting it dropped to a no points offence (i.e. 15 or under) is maybe 10% (at best). That's simply too big of a drop for any prosecutor to even consider without any extremely exceptional circumstances.

flyguy

by: flyguy on

Well that's something! The officer did not drop it and I have a clean driving record (in recent years at least).

Would bringing my 90+ year old grandparents who were passengers help my case? Grandma's pretty pissed because I was keeping with the flow of traffic haha.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

See my recent thread on First Resolution;

I got reduced one level from 4pts to 3pts You'll pay $180 all in (they take cash/visa etc)

and NO, what ever reason you have it wont be good enough, I thought mine was good. :P

BTW, its not the points that matter to insurance, only that its a conviction

for my ins.co. anything upto 50kms over is a minor offence.

and the liklyhood of them taking it down to the minimum offence with no points is slim to bubkiss, or if your other half happens to

be a proesecutor.

flyguy wrote:Yeah, the grandparents thing was a joke falling on deaf ears I guess.

I'm less concerned about the fine and more concerned about next year's insurance premiums.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply