Mugs

Careless Charge

by: Mugs on

I drive an old style 4 cyl mustang with well over 300,000 km on it. I left work in a hurry and tires squealed (surprising me). I remembered I left something at work. Went around the block and realized an officer was following me. I panicked and misjudged the corner, slamming on my brakes. When I slam on my brakes the car pulls hard which I went over the curb. I pulled around the corner as I knew I was being pulled over. The result a careless. Officer said he 'heard' me squeal my tires and I was going to fast to make the corner.

He served me with careless. I have had a clean drivers record up til now. Any advise?

hawaii

by: hawaii on

Mugs wrote:I drive an old style 4 cyl mustang with well over 300,000 km on it. I left work in a hurry and tires squealed (surprising me). I remembered I left something at work. Went around the block and realized an officer was following me. I panicked and misjudged the corner, slamming on my brakes. When I slam on my brakes the car pulls hard which I went over the curb. I pulled around the corner as I knew I was being pulled over. The result a careless. Officer said he 'heard' me squeal my tires and I was going to fast to make the corner.

He served me with careless. I have had a clean drivers record up til now. Any advise?

You are my hero... you got a 4cyl. Mustang to lay rubber

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

You were very lucky not to get charged with Stunt Driving (HTA S172).

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/e ... Definition, "stunt"

3. For the purposes of section 172 of the Act, "stunt" includes any activity where one or more persons engage in any of the following driving behaviours:

2. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning.[/quote]Having said that, the crown will most likely offer you a plea-deal to a much less serious charge (ie. unsafe lane change, improper right turn)

Post a Reply