Representation - Reco's

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

bobajob

Posting Awards

Representation - Reco's

Unread post by bobajob »

Could you give me your representation Recomendations for a speeding ticket.

There are a llot of places, it appears thatthis board is sponsored by x-copper so not sure how impartial this is?

Have heard a lot of good and bad things about various places, I also understand that x-copper, went bust/got bought out ?

Anyway, just your reco's and if it's not ok to name and shame in public, pls IM me with your "stay" away from.

Many thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

sorry couple of other questions

1> After the 15 days have expired, IF you change your mind can you still pay the fine?

2> Will Representation make your original charge worse? I know that sounds barmy, but in the UK challenging anything to do with the Police

usually means a bigger fine and more demerit points.

3> Is paralegel better or worse than a lawyer

thanks again

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
iFly55

Posting Awards

Unread post by iFly55 »

You can pay the fine at any time, even at your trial date. Representation will not normally make the original charge worse, if you choose to proceed to trial and were given a roadside speed reduction; proceeding to trial will amend the charge back to the original speed.

Lawyer is unnecessary for a Speeding Tickets, in most cases even a Paralegal is unnecessary; they will most likely get you a plea-deal, and that's something you can do on your own.

You should file the ticket for trial, request disclosure (officer's notes) and go from there; if you see any issues with the officer's notes you can share them here or seek legal counsel.

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

thankxs iFly,

ok..

1> As it's convictions which count (on insurance) not demerits, how likly with a clean record will they go down to the next level of speeding as opposed to only removing the demerit points, which is just a waste of time?

OR are the demerit points linked to the specfic offense if that makes sense?

2> If there was a screw-up somewhere, then only a para/lawyer might pick up on that, if I plea deal I wont be able to. Also a no-show or issue with the evidence etc etc

thanks

iFly55 wrote:You can pay the fine at any time, even at your trial date. Representation will not normally make the original charge worse, if you choose to proceed to trial and were given a roadside speed reduction; proceeding to trial will amend the charge back to the original speed.

Lawyer is unnecessary for a Speeding Tickets, in most cases even a Paralegal is unnecessary; they will most likely get you a plea-deal, and that's something you can do on your own.

You should file the ticket for trial, request disclosure (officer's notes) and go from there; if you see any issues with the officer's notes you can share them here or seek legal counsel.

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

bobajob wrote:1> As it's convictions which count (on insurance) not demerits, how likly with a clean record will they go down to the next level of speeding as opposed to only removing the demerit points, which is just a waste of time?

Clean record isn't going to change much. Prosecutor has to keep your charge in the same realm. For speeding, they'll just reduce the kilometres. Usually, they'll go down to the next bracket based on demerit points (eg. 32km to 15km). They are not going to take your speeding ticket and change it into a parking ticket.

bobajob wrote:2> If there was a screw-up somewhere, then only a para/lawyer might pick up on that, if I plea deal I wont be able to. Also a no-show or issue with the evidence etc etc

Speeding tickets are practically filled out as a template. All disclosures pretty much look the same. Device used (if applicable), weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle description, etc. If there's a mistake regarding your ticket, it's going to be noticeable. There isn't too much room for error. That being said, a "ticket fighter" isn't going to fight your ticket anyways. They'll show up with a list of their clients, get a reduced charge, and leave. It's a 5 minute process and it's a big joke. There will be 30 ordinary people at your trial doing the same thing and it wont cost them $200-$500. Representation is a must for certain situations. Your average speeding ticket with an already clean record isn't really one of them. They aren't pulling out any bag of tricks for your situation. They wont look at your case again till your court date. If there's any time to learn and experience how to deal with a ticket, it would be now.

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

Thanks Bend,

BTW; looking at my ticket it says under offence

"Speeding 144 kmh in a 100kmh zone"

HTA 128

isnt the offence; shouldnt it say (I can't remmewber the exact wording)

"30 – 49 km/h over"

is this a fatal ?

Thanks again

bend wrote:
bobajob wrote:1> As it's convictions which count (on insurance) not demerits, how likly with a clean record will they go down to the next level of speeding as opposed to only removing the demerit points, which is just a waste of time?

Clean record isn't going to change much. Prosecutor has to keep your charge in the same realm. For speeding, they'll just reduce the kilometres. Usually, they'll go down to the next bracket based on demerit points (eg. 32km to 15km). They are not going to take your speeding ticket and change it into a parking ticket.

bobajob wrote:2> If there was a screw-up somewhere, then only a para/lawyer might pick up on that, if I plea deal I wont be able to. Also a no-show or issue with the evidence etc etc

Speeding tickets are practically filled out as a template. All disclosures pretty much look the same. Device used (if applicable), weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle description, etc. If there's a mistake regarding your ticket, it's going to be noticeable. There isn't too much room for error. That being said, a "ticket fighter" isn't going to fight your ticket anyways. They'll show up with a list of their clients, get a reduced charge, and leave. It's a 5 minute process and it's a big joke. There will be 30 ordinary people at your trial doing the same thing and it wont cost them $200-$500. Representation is a must for certain situations. Your average speeding ticket with an already clean record isn't really one of them. They aren't pulling out any bag of tricks for your situation. They wont look at your case again till your court date. If there's any time to learn and experience how to deal with a ticket, it would be now.

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

bobajob wrote:BTW; looking at my ticket it says under offence

HTA 128

"30 – 49 km/h over"

is this a fatal ?

No, the wording is correct. It should state your actual speed and the speed limit.

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

Drats :(

thanks for the quick reply Stanton

much appreciated :)

Stanton wrote:
bobajob wrote:BTW; looking at my ticket it says under offence

HTA 128

"30 – 49 km/h over"

is this a fatal ?

No, the wording is correct. It should state your actual speed and the speed limit.

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket