Appb

Suspend Licence

by: Appb on

Alright I was driving my car and forgot to renew sticker for plates. So I got a new sticker for my plates but forgot to pay the fine. Now I was driving and was pulled over and officer told me I was driving with a suspended license and had to appear in court in 2009. Well I didn't make it to court as my daughter and I feel ill that day and was in bed sick for a week. Its now 2014 and I am single mom of 2 and wanting to get my license back. I know I will owe fines plus money to reinstate license but is there any chance I will have to go to jail. I am scared. Cause if that's the case I rather not have a license at all and keep taking public transportation. Please help!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

While jail time is technically possible, it's unheard of for a first time offence. Most likely you will simply have to pay off all outstanding fines and the $150 reinstatement fee. Since youve been unlicensed for so long, youll also have to start over as a G1 driver and complete the graduated licencing programme again. Insurance will also likely be quite expensive due to your G1 status and conviction for driving under suspension.

FYI, if jail time had been ordered, there will be whats known as a committal warrant for your arrest. The warrant exists regardless if you decide to renew your licence or not.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Its a warrant that directs police to take you to jail. Youd remain in jail for whatever period of time the Courts imposed as your sentence.

Again, in your situation I have no reason to believe there would be such a warrant. I just dont want you to be under the misconception that the sentence would only be imposed if you decided to renew your licence.

Post a Reply

Return to “Driving While Suspended”