JuniorPilot

Manitoba Dl Will Be Suspended, Can I Drive In On With On Dl

by: JuniorPilot on

Quite an interesting scenario...

I was fighting a few tickets in MB courts and for the most part it was successful. I had to plead guilty to driving while disqualified. anyway for the time being my MB DL is not suspended. I can currently working in Ontario and I need a vehicle to get around. I've been told that I can apply right now for a ON DL before my suspension is actually put on the books. I could then drive in ON but not in MB while the suspension is ongoing. The suspension would probably would only be for 3-6 months at which point I could re apply for a MB license. Does anyone have any input in this or experiences? I was not charged under the criminal code but the Manitoba Highway Traffic Act.

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

I was under the impression that across Canada and the USA and a few select other countries that you can exchange your license for a full equivalent.

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads ... rs-licence

As for your plan I'm not sure it about MB but be careful your suspension may be deemed to start from the date you surrender your licence to the ministry. Have you explored the possibility of asking the JP for special exemption to allow you to drive for work only?

Post a Reply