A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
raheelkhosa

65km/ In 50 Zone

by: raheelkhosa on

Hello

I just received a ticket of $95, i was driving 75kmh in 50 kmh zone. The officer did reduce my ticket from 75kmh to 65 kmh, hence there no points involved in this ticket. I do not mind paying for ticket but i am afraid if my insurance will go up. And this is my first offence, i have never received a ticket in Canada before.

I also do not live in the city where i got the ticket and in order to fight, i have to come back from Ottawa to Milton. My question is it worth fight for this ticket or i just should pay and get over with it. If i fight what the worse can happen, can officer increase my ticket back to original, if that happens than i think i will get three points. Any advice will be appreciated.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You will have to contact your insurance provider to determine if the ticket will impact your insurance or not. Some will overlook your first offence.

If you decide to fight the ticket in Court, the Crown will most likely amend it back up to the full amount. Determining if the ticket is worth fighting depends on how much time you want to invest in attending Court and if you have a defence that would be successful in Court.

Post a Reply