No seat belt traffic ticket - Discuss the HTA here.
hwybear

Posting Awards

Passenger - Seatbelt Ticket

by: hwybear on

copied to more appropriate thread....

ygauberg wrote:Recently I got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt at passenger's seat. I was told that I would get 2 points for it but I checked your website and it said there that there are no points for such offence. Please clarify which is correct.

ygauberg@rogers.com

ticketcombat wrote:Sounds like a Section 154 offence which carries 3 demerit points.

Right now request a trial, request disclosure and request the earliest possible trial date (don't worry, you won't get one). You can check out my site below for your introduction to fighting a ticket, step by step instructions and the form letters you will need.

Unless the officer was an accident reconstruction expert, they have to rely on witness statements. When you get the accident report (typed please) you will start to see the lack of evidence against you. And this is where your fight begins.

If you have questions, post them here.

Good luck and good fight!

kimtaeh3

by: kimtaeh3 on

Dear writer, I was actually very curious about this as well

My friend was a passenger on back right, and she got a ticket for 2 demerit points and 240 ticket...

The biggest worry for her is the insurance

She is currently a student, and does not own a car/insurance, but she may be getting one in the next 1-2 years

Will this ticket affect her insurance? I've read that passenger tickets are/arn't going to affect the insurance...

Is there any way to find out if it will be a moving or non-moving ticket?

Thank you again

Post a Reply