Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
twinsnakes

Disobey Signs Changed To Park Or Stand On Highway

by: twinsnakes on

I recently had an early resolution meeting for a disobey signs ticket which was lowered to "Park or Stand on Highway" which carries no demerit points. They told me this was a non moving violation however I would like to confirm it. I have looked on the web but cannot find this charge. Can someone please advise if this is correct? I want to make sure this will not affect my insurance rate.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Was the charge you plead to under the Highway Traffic Act or a local bylaw? Theres a charge for parking on the highway under section 170 of the H.T.A., but theres also typically bylaws that would cover the same offence.

The reason I ask is that insurance companies treat all Highway Traffic Act convictions the same, regardless if theyre a so called "moving violation" or not. Demerit points are essentially irrelevant to your provider. Some providers/policies will overlook your first conviction; some may slightly increase your rates.

My guess is that you plead to an HTA offence, hence a rate increase is possible.

Post a Reply