"running Red Light, Speeding"

Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
kdimo

"running Red Light, Speeding"

Unread post by kdimo »

I had an officer pull me over for "running a red light", which was a rolling stop when making a right turn. Within the disclosure statement the officer had stated he observed my vehicle from 2 car lenghts prior to approaching the light, white line, "used to be a stop sign". Then he indicates he had pursued me for 500 meters where i had reached 30 over the speed limit, 80 in a 50. I may have gone 20 over but definatly not 30...the officer only indicated that i ran a red light and i only found out about the speeding infraction when he throw the tickets through my window and left.

However, i is almost impossible to see my vehicle from that distance, if anything i can say 1 car length and the incident occurred on a street that is less than 500 metere long...i have measure with my vehicle that the entire interaction was only 250 meters and no where within the disclosure does it indicate that my speed was captured using a radar of any sort.

my question here is that the information provided from the police notes is in accurate, also he incorrectly marked my address on the tickets incorrectly.

Would my strongest defense be that the cop had made numerous mistakes during the entire interaction reducing his creditability of the tickets issued being correct?

Can i please receive some sort of advice for this above matter?

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

You could try to argue a case of mistaken identity as you were turning on a red and he may have lost sight of the car before he could note your plate number.

If you admit to only going 20 over you are still guilty of speeding.

kdimo

Unread post by kdimo »

I would plead guilty to a lessor charge, which would be the correct charge however the facts of incorrect information posted as his evidence would be my strongest stance. I do not know the legal system and am wondering if discrediting the officer would be my best and/or only defense.

It was night time and i do have a black car, however i did pull out in front of him meaning i wouldn't be able to use mistaken identity as a defense.