Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
tog896

Red Light Infraction

by: tog896 on

I was just wondering if you could provide some advice for me? I was reading sticky thread but i'm still unsure if the early resolution is the best way to go, or trial date and didn't want to post in the thread just yet.

Just looking for a bit of advice,

I got pulled over for a rolling stop turning right at boxgrove bypass at night, turning SE to SW. There was an officer with flashing lights, with I think car pulled over on the SW side right shoulder, but there was an unmarked officer on the opposite side of the road facing NW in the opposite right shoulder. There were no other cars on the road at the time. So when i turned right, i turned into the left lane rather than the right lane so i could avoid the stopped emergency vehicle as i thought it was safe to do so. Got pulled over and received 3 tickets:

1) failure to stop at the red

2) improper right turn

3) didn't have sticker for vehicle permit (didn't realize i needed that as well as the license plate sticker)

Would it be possible to go to the early resolution just for #3 and do the trial for 1 & 2? or do i have to do all 3 at once. I really don't have a defense for the rolling stop and I'm assuming if i go to the ER they'll offer to throw out the document one and plead guilty for 1&2? I'm also out of town, so would it be advisable to hire a paralegal?

Just a bit unsure of what to do, mostly worried about my insurance

HPTO

by: HPTO on

I would go to early resolution and see if they'd go with #1 and drop the other two. Charge #2 is iffy unless the police vehicle was further down the road then the picture is being painted.

How is it everyone else's fault YOU comitted an offence?
Post a Reply