azdjedi

Can I Appeal This Charge?

by: azdjedi on

Hi,

I just downloaded my drivers abstract and found that I have a "FAIL TO HAVE INSURANCE CARD - C.A.I.A.". The offence date was January, 2012 and the Conviction date was 2 weeks later. I can't recall the circumstances of this event and can't imagine that I wouldn't have tried to fight it by just showing the prosecutor that I did (and do) in fact have valid insurance but just didn't have the updated pink slip with me (it was probably sitting in the mailbox at my parents house where I send all my permanent mail).

Now that it's time to renew my insurance I contacted BelAir anonymously and asked what would happen; they said it would affect my insurance. This is unreasonable.

Can I appeal this even though I already paid it and it's been over one year?

Thanks

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

If you actually got this ticket and paid it, then it is too late to do anything about it. On the other hand if you don't remember getting this ticket then I would double check to make sure you haven't been the victim of identity theft. If you can show that someone else got this ticket and was using your name, then you can probably have the conviction removed from your record.

Post a Reply