Suspended And Need Advice

moosepaco613

Suspended And Need Advice

Unread post by moosepaco613 »

I was trying to help my wife y fixing her car for Valentine's day. I took the car around the block to find the problem and a lady ran a red and totalled the car. There were no injuries and both cars were insured but my drivers license is suspended. I have 4 previous convictions. They were. 4 years ago. I am a student also have a job. Will they put me in jail or can I make a deal for maybe house arrest? How long would I go to jail for? I had good intention just wrong place at the wrong time. What do I do? It will ruin my life to get locked up.

daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

If you have 4 previous conviction for driving while suspended then unfortunately being sentenced to jail time is a distinct possibility. The maximum time they can sentence you to is 6 months. Given how serious the consequences of another conviction could be, I would hire a paralegal or a lawyer how specializes in traffic law. They know the system will able to help you find the least damaging resolution to your case.

tdottopcop

Unread post by tdottopcop »

4 previous convictions for Driving While Under Suspension??

I'd be surprised if you weren't given jail time... definitely, definitely, definitely consult a lawyer / paralegal... even then, man...

Not a typical response, but if you have any knowledge that you're willing to share with the officer about any criminal activity (drugs, guns) in exchange for 'court consideration', I'd think about becoming a confidential informant. The information would have to be corroborated and confirmed, but it beats going to jail...

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)