Disobey Sign 182(2) City Of Toronto

Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
LuvCamry

Disobey Sign 182(2) City Of Toronto

Unread post by LuvCamry »

I got a ticket back on November 2012 for making a left on to a street that prohibited left turns during a specific time. Completely did not see the sign and happened to turn onto the street 5 minutes after the prohibited time.

Just went to discuss the charge with the prosecutor and to keep the story short, they refused to drop the points and would NOT hear my story or allow me to explain the situation. I was forced to make a guilty or not guilty plea.

I decided to proceed with not guilty and wait for a court date. I'm looking to pay the fine, full or reduced but was looking to negotiate no points.

What can I expect in court on this and will I have a chance to state my story?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

LuvCamry wrote:I got a ticket back on November 2012 for making a left on to a street that prohibited left turns during a specific time. Completely did not see the sign and happened to turn onto the street 5 minutes after the prohibited time.

Just went to discuss the charge with the prosecutor and to keep the story short, they refused to drop the points and would NOT hear my story or allow me to explain the situation. I was forced to make a guilty or not guilty plea.

I decided to proceed with not guilty and wait for a court date. I'm looking to pay the fine, full or reduced but was looking to negotiate no points.

What can I expect in court on this and will I have a chance to state my story?

If you want a chance to explain yourself, you'll have to go all the way to trial. That being said, ignorance is not a defense. "I didn't see the sign because I wasn't paying attention to it" is not a defense. "I didn't see the sign because it's not properly displayed in accordance to bylaws" is a defense.

If you're looking for a reduced fine, you'll have another chance to meet with the prosecutor at your trial date. They will talk to you once again before any trial takes place.

olaims

Unread post by olaims »

I was ticketed base on this property sign: Scarborough Supercentre (#1117) 3132 Eglington Avenue East Scarborough ON M1J 2H1. My point is the sign is on a private property. why should Toronto Police be issuing ticket base on private private property sign. I am taking the ticket to court.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

olaims wrote:I was ticketed base on this property sign: Scarborough Supercentre (#1117) 3132 Eglington Avenue East Scarborough ON M1J 2H1. My point is the sign is on a private property. why should Toronto Police be issuing ticket base on private private property sign. I am taking the ticket to court.

You should start your own thread instead of posting in this one.

Are you looking for help, or are you just venting? It would help if we knew what the ticket was for.