taikwondo

Multiple Parking Tickets On Quiet Cul-de-sac/no Possible Alt

by: taikwondo on

At least five neighbours and I have the same problem. We all live on a small, quiet, peaceful cul-de-sac in Scarborough where we all get along and enjoy each other's company and bother no one. No one, apparently, other than one person on our court. We have been hit by a storm of parking tickets in the past couple years, with this year being the worst, and inside sources are saying that indeed, this is in direct response to calls made by one disgruntled elderly neighbour. In fact, this neighbour has admitted to his neighbour, one of the ticket victims, that it is he, who is repeatedly calling the police to have our cars ticketed.

Here is our dilemma. There is not only nowhere for us to park (our personal situation is that we live in the upper part of a duplex, and are provided no parking spaces whatsoever for our vehicle, and there is absolutely no parking, street or otherwise in any area remotely near us), nor are we able to purchase a parking permit through the city of Scarborough.

Tickets are costing us an outrageous amount of money, and other than moving our family completely (which we cannot afford due to kindness shown to us by our present landlord) I can't see what other recourse is available to us. This still will not fix the problem for the residents of our court, who are all suffering from a lack of parking spaces, which are easily accommodated by allowing residents to park on the street at the end of the court (without interfering with any driveways).

Some residents of our street have approached our city councillor in the hope of finding another way.

Any other ideas?

Sincerely,

Frustrated.

viper1

by: viper1 on

taikwondo wrote:At least five neighbours and I have the same problem. We all live on a small, quiet, peaceful cul-de-sac in Scarborough where we all get along and enjoy each other's company and bother no one. No one, apparently, other than one person on our court. We have been hit by a storm of parking tickets in the past couple years, with this year being the worst, and inside sources are saying that indeed, this is in direct response to calls made by one disgruntled elderly neighbour. In fact, this neighbour has admitted to his neighbour, one of the ticket victims, that it is he, who is repeatedly calling the police to have our cars ticketed.

Here is our dilemma. There is not only nowhere for us to park (our personal situation is that we live in the upper part of a duplex, and are provided no parking spaces whatsoever for our vehicle, and there is absolutely no parking, street or otherwise in any area remotely near us), nor are we able to purchase a parking permit through the city of Scarborough.

Tickets are costing us an outrageous amount of money, and other than moving our family completely (which we cannot afford due to kindness shown to us by our present landlord) I can't see what other recourse is available to us. This still will not fix the problem for the residents of our court, who are all suffering from a lack of parking spaces, which are easily accommodated by allowing residents to park on the street at the end of the court (without interfering with any driveways).

Some residents of our street have approached our city councillor in the hope of finding another way.

Any other ideas?

Sincerely,

Frustrated.

I have gone through your pain, I just recently paid off my old tickets and can own a car again.

Have you tried talking to the elderly person?

Perhaps just ask them how your parking is bothering them?(and go from there)

If they answer (or even talk to you) try to get to know them.

It might be simple to solve.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply