uknown

Careless Driving Ticket

by: uknown on

So I was involved in an accident just recently and I was issued a careless driving ticket. What had happened is that my friend and I were driving on a bridge that was under construction and it was at night, I was unfamiliar with the area so my friend was providing me with direction to their home. As I was driving along the bridge at night, they had cement dividers all lined up because of the construction and I tend to get very nervous when theres construction and night and I do not really know where I am. I misjudged the distance between my vehicle and the cement divider and as a natural reaction my friend grabbed the wheel to steer me away from it but I instantly paniced and steered out of control, swerved and hit the dividers. It happened all so fast, I was in so much shock, disarray, and confusion that all I could do was cry, cry and cry. My friend was taken to the hospital which made me even more flustered, he was fine though. I was left to leave a statement once the police got there but I was in no shape what so ever to provide an accurate statement. I could barely even breath I was hyperventilating the entire time. They must realize i was in no shape to provide an accurate statement because the majority of it was I dont know. My friend provided them with the correct statement. I want to fight the ticket because I truly do not believe I should have to suffer from a careless driving ticket. I am just worried that my friend will get pulled into it because I gave the wrong statement. I really do not want my friend to have to go to court or anything, I want to be the one dealing with it not them. Is it possible for them not to be involved at all? PLease help me, im so upset and confused. I really do not want to go to court or anything.

mnstrcck

by: mnstrcck on

If you want to try and fight it, hire a good paralegal or lawyer. It's going to be a hard case based on what you've written. If you're uncomfortable about driving in certain situations, to the point where you are putting yourself, your passengers, and others on the road in danger, it might be a good idea to take some additional driving courses or stop driving under those circumstances until you get more comfortable.

Post a Reply