A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

steverbeaver

Fail To Notify Change Of Address

by: steverbeaver on

hi i was stopped at a ride program the officer saw my bong put me in cuffs told me i was being arrested for possesion of a controlled substance she then searched my vehicle and found nothing else so she gave me a ticket for fail to notify change of address and wrote section 33(1) but that only says i have to give her my liscence when asked which i did. i have been looking at the H.T.A. and cannot find anything about this offence. she also put hwy6 instead of 7 not sure if thats relevant to this charge. anyway i have a few questions #1 can anyone find where in the H.T.A it says i need to notify change of address #2 since section 33(1) is not the correct offence is it a fatal error please help

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

HTA OREG 340/94

33. (1) The holder of a drivers licence who changes his or her address shall, within six days after the change, send by registered mail or have filed with the Ministry a notice in writing, or electronically in a format designated by the Ministry, of the change giving the former address, the present address and the number of his or her drivers licence

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
steverbeaver

by: steverbeaver on

okay could u put up a link to that because i'm looking at th government website and 33(1) says every driver of a motor vehicle or street car shall carry his or her liscence with him or her at all times while operating a motor vehicle or street car and shall surrender the liscence for resonable inspection upon the demand of a police officer or officer appointed for carrying out the provisions of this act R.S.O. 1990,c H.8,s. 33(1)

Post a Reply