A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Markknight

61km/h On 40km/h Zone Right Beside My House

by: Markknight on

Ok everyone, 2 days ago i have received a ticket from an officer. speeding 21Km/h over on a 40Km/h zone.

This place is right beside my house, my dad was not feeling well at home. he is a senior 68 years old with Alzheimer disease.

He gave me a call, so I had to rush and get him checked up before any major thing happen.

Could that be a defence for me in the court room when i challenge the officer?

I usually never speed, in that moment i had to because i don't want anything to happen to him.

Any comments? or arguments over here?

And does that speeding ticket effect my insurance even if i get the points dropped

Kiba_Wolf

by: Kiba_Wolf on

Markknight wrote:Ok everyone, 2 days ago i have received a ticket from an officer. speeding 21Km/h over on a 40Km/h zone.

This place is right beside my house, my dad was not feeling well at home. he is a senior 68 years old with Alzheimer disease.

He gave me a call, so I had to rush and get him checked up before any major thing happen.

Could that be a defence for me in the court room when i challenge the officer?

I usually never speed, in that moment i had to because i don't want anything to happen to him.

Any comments? or arguments over here?

And does that speeding ticket effect my insurance even if i get the points dropped

Did you explain the situation to the officer when he was giving you the ticket? A similar thing happened to a friend of mine, he went straight through a red light because he was taking his daughter to the hospital. The officer just let him go, no ticket or anything.

Anyways, my best guess is that if you explain the situation in court you will at least get a reduced charge, but if its your first time getting a speeding ticket I'm almost positive it'll get dropped. Often for cases such as this the officer may not show up due to being busy, which in that case the charge would be dropped.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Dropped to a lower speed yes, but dropped entirely... don't bet on it. The person you want to talk to is the Prosecutor when you check in on the day of trial. Generally they'll offer you a reduced speed.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply