Genesis Ii Select Directional

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

#1 This link to the manual is for the US manual and should not be relied upon for use in Canada. They are quite different.

#2 The Genesis II SD can not display the speed of more than one target at a time. They can track and indicate whether the vehicle is travelling towards or away from the police vehicle from both front and rear antennaa(if equipped)

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Decatur wrote:#2 The Genesis II SD can not display the speed of more than one target at a time.

I thought it could in faster mode. You'd be getting two readings, one for the strongest signal and one for the fastest.

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

OK. I haven't been on the road for two weeks and Stanton has me second guessing myself......

Curtisloew

Unread post by Curtisloew »

With regards to what Stanton said; I thought it could in faster mode. You'd be getting two readings, one for the strongest signal and one for the fastest.

I found that on page 24 of the manual link that "mnstrcck" posted. This is a U.S. manual. It states the unit will switch automatically from the strongest signal to next strongest signal which is the fastest target. (would this apply to the Canadian manual??)

If this is the case, then it will only track one vehicle at a time??

Also, the radar was in same direction mode. Both vehicles were in front of the cruiser, one passing the other

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I dont think it automatically switches between two signals in Canada, it simply displays two readings. One for the strongest signal and one for the faster signal.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

the unit will display the strongest target and also the next "faster" (not fastest) strongest target

and yes, that manual is not proper for canada

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca