Failing to move, where possible, into another lane when passing a stopped emergency vehicle - Ontario Highway Traffic Act
HelpPls

Fail To Change Lane!

by: HelpPls on

hi guys this site is helpful first all of ... Happy New Year!

i was driving on the 401 suddendly saw the emergency vehicle on the shoulder with light activated but couldn't move over did slow down and passed with caution but got pull for section 159 (3) my court date in FEB here my question

i have a disclosure and here the note from the officer

0600 10-8

0625 test Veh mounted speed detector device decatur g2sk #Q2927617 test complete all 10-4

0630 road test complete all 10-4

my question is ... can i ask for the speed that he clocked me at ? because the disclosure ive received from them , nothing mentioned about how fast i was driving or the speed that i was doing ? thanks

btw on the note he did write that 2 cops cars lights activated but it was only 1 with light on .... can u guy help me which with lane that indicated 1 and 2? because i was driving on the right hand lane ..and he said i was on lane 2 but no attempt move over lane 1. thanks guys

HelpPls

Stanton wrote:Lanes are numbered from the left to the right in the direction of travel.

oh ok thanks would u think i have my right to request for the speed that he clocked at? btw he was outsite of his car ...

HelpPls

Stanton wrote:If he was outside his car it's unlikely he obtained a speed reading at the time you passed him. The notes refer to a radar device that's mounted inside the cruiser.

thanks for the reply.... so u would its a good idea to ask for the speed that he clocked me at awhile i was passing the cruiser? because as i couldn't move over into another lane i did slow down under 80kms and even my dad told him that i did slowed down .. and the officer said " he didn't care"

HelpPls

HelpPls wrote:
Stanton wrote:If he was outside his car it's unlikely he obtained a speed reading at the time you passed him. The notes refer to a radar device that's mounted inside the cruiser.

thanks for the reply.... so u think, would be a good idea to ask for the speed that he clocked me at awhile i was passing the cruiser? because as i couldn't move over into another lane i did slow down under 80kms and even my dad told him that i did slowed down .. and the officer said " he didn't care"

Post a Reply