Genesis Vp Directional Display

Sped

Genesis Vp Directional Display

Unread post by Sped »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Genesis VP Directional handheld radar gun is or was ever made with a LED display screen please?

I have received disclosure and it lists the device used as the Genesis VP Directional with what I presume is a serial or tag #2172. There is also 3 photocopied pages from the Genesis Handheld Directional (GHD) User's manual and 2 pages from the Genesis VP Directional User's Manual. I have tracked down the full manuals on the web and looking through both of them they depict units with LCD screens, not LED. Could it be that the one I saw in the cops hand was just an older model and the manuals have been updated? Or did I see a different gun than what I'm being told?

This is related to another topic I have http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic3994.html

TIA

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I haven't seen a handheld radar unit with an LED display for years. Still the norm for the moving radar mounted in cruisers, but any handheld unit I can think of has an LCD display. I've never seen a Genesis VPD with an LED display. They have a red LED to illuminate the display at night, but the display itself is LCD.

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

A quick note about any "manual" you may find on the internet. Chances are: 1) It may be out of date and 2) The Canadian manual is very different than the U.S version. I certainly wouldn't rely on its accuracy for court purposes.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Stanton wrote:I haven't seen a handheld radar unit with an LED display for years.

Reminds me of the MuniQuip T3 handheld back in the 90's....wow, I am becoming ancient! :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca