crisps

Wrong Make Of Car On Ticket

by: crisps on

Hello everyone.

My wife got a parking ticket on a side street near near King & River in Toronto yesterday.

If we pick up a parking ticket we usually just pay it, but in this case they've got the make of the vehicle wrong - it says Nissan, but the car is actually a Mazda 3. We used to have a Nissan but traded it in about 3-4 weeks ago for the Mazda. It looks like they maybe generate these things from a database(?)

It's a cheap enough ticket, $15 for parking longer than 3 hours. Is it worth fighting this? I don't want to go through a massive hassle for $15 but it would also be nice to not have to pay it. :roll:

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

It *may* be enough at trial to be found not guilty (creates reasonable doubt), but I don't think the Crown would simply withdraw the charge.

Maybe someone with more experience dealing with Toronto parking will have a better answer, but I imagine it would be easier to pay then fight.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

IMO its a pain in the ass to fight parking tickets, and not worth your time and effort. And most of the time you are in the wrong lol! Well I had that experience atleast. I have done two in my life and won one with the prosecutor and then got another one reduced from like $25 to like $10 or something I dont really remember was long time ago... But what I do remember I mainly did it for the principal but I mean for $15 bucks by the time you spend the gas to go there its gonna cost you something still anyways...might as well save yourself the hassle for a $15 parking ticket. Just pay it and free yourself of the stress.

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

I have to agree with everyone else there is no cost effective way to fight this one. When you add up all the time off of work and the running around you would have to do to fight this it is probably not worth it.

crisps

by: crisps on

Yes, that's what I figured most likely, unless there was some clear-cut way out. And we were in the wrong :) She normally moves the car before the 3 hours are up but this time got caught in a meeting and was 3-1/2 hours. I'll bite the bullet and pay up.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Post a Reply