MTOHATER

License Suspended As Of August 29th. No Warning?

by: MTOHATER on

I got a letter, on sunday, about my license being suspended. It was over a ticket that I got regarding driving my truck to the mechanic, to get a safety, with an expired 10 day permit (by 2 days because it was a long weekend). I found out when I got pulled over that also my proof of insurance was not proof enough. So I was charged with no insurance too. The insurance company didnt send a copy of our insurance till 4 weeks later. They never gave a reason why they took so long. So long story short, my license is suspended and the truck was safetied right after and had insurance on it. How can I get out of this. I was never sent a notice of impending conviction or that my license would be suspended. I figured because it was not my car. It was my moms. I know stupid. There was absolutely no reason for the cop to pull me over. I wasn't speeding or driving an unfit vehicle.

It seems that the MTO has been picking on me for a while now and I would really like to appeal this case because I have no job and have no money. Therefor this is more than likely going to sink me. I have a fat chance in hell of getting a job with no way to get to a job.

Also Ive been driving for the past 5 days. Which means at any point i could have been pulled over and had my car impounded and more then liekly been arrested.

What can be done about this???!!!

Thank you for anyones help.

Ryan

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

I am not sure there is anything to appeal. You got a ticket, did not pay it, so your dl was suspended. This is explained on the back of the ticket.

Out of curiosity how is the MTO picking on you? seems you got legitimate tickets as you posted the details here.

There are millions of drivers and vehicles out there. I highly doubt some one is going , "Hmm lets screw MTOhater."

OPS

MTOHATER

Once again I just need help to make this better. I need my license back and I have no job or money. Is there anything I can do to help me out. If i lose my ability to drive I will be buried within weeks because I live in the middle of nowhere. Is there anything... payment plan, reduced amount... ANYTHING! Im looking for help as opposed to being told im obviously wrong and should just pay it.

Of course there isnt a guy at the MTO is picking on me. However I also paid $770 to pay fines that were supposedly thrown out in court. I was stupid and didnt keep paperwork so not only was I out 3 days of work at the time but also the money to pay for fines that were supposed to be taken away. I dont care about fixing that situation. Its done and im never getting money back. But im sure that everyone on this board thats asking questions, not cops or MTO personnel, are saying that this giant organization seems to operate without any care for canadians. How can we thrive by keeping our citizens down? I guarantee I can contribute more to society if I can work. It makes no sense to bankrupt me in order to get $400.

Anyone that would disagree with this need not reply. I really just need help if its available. If none at all then I guess you'll see me on the street panhandling.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

The MTO won't wave the suspension unless it was given in error, which doesn't apply in your case. The Courts however are understanding that a licence is often required to earn an income and will offer payment plans. Just attend your local courthouse and ask them how to go about the process. Once you're on the plan, you can get your licence back, and can make regular payments toward your fines.

Your licence can be returned almost immediately, but for heaven's sake stop driving in the mean time. If you get charged with driving under suspension your mess will get a lot bigger and harder to dig yourself out of.

MTOHATER

Thank you Stanton. That was very helpful and as it turns out I did visit my local courthouse and they said the very same thing. However I was told that I would have to apply and although I would more then likely be granted the payment plan. I would have to wait 2 business days to hear back from them and then I would still have to wait the mandatory 4 business days until I was able to drive. Unfortunately that was far too long to wait seeing as how I didn't get to the courts until Friday. Because I can't drive and haven't driven since the 5th when I found out. Needless to say the price is steep and the process was a huge hassle but I got in and out and it's now dealt with and I even got the Service Canada worker to give me a number to call to make sure my license is reinstated.

I still really do think there is a huge problem with :

A) MTO Not sending these notices via registered mail.

B) Paying a Reinstatement Fee and still not receiving your driving privileges for another 4 business days.

C) Having to go to another Service Canada location and get a temporary license until I get another card license in the mail. Which I find is a ridiculous waste of time and resources.

Either way... Thanks again for your help. Much more constructive and positive thinking.

Ryan

Post a Reply