mattgardiner

40 Over Led To License Suspension! Ahh!

by: mattgardiner on

alright so heres the low down on my problem. Im 20 years old, From North Bay, and was down south in Barrie visiting the girlfriends family. When returning home, i found out the hard way that highway 11 goes from 100 to 90 back to 100 within a dozen or so km, if anyone from this area has driven through coming from barrie to North bay you may have realized this. Anyways, i was in the passing lane, doing what i thought was 30 over admittedly, (130 in a 90 actually) when i seen the cruiser, but t was to late. Cop told me to fight the ticket, which was like 343 or something on the ticket, but i got a bill in the mail and it was now 300 even??, and he said because it was my first offence i would probably get off with a lesser fine and no points. I thought i had 30 days to fight, but when i grabbed the ticket to finally call to schedule it, it was about 20 days, and the ticket said after 15 you accept a guilty plea. Im a g2 driver and a 40 over ticket means 4 points all at once, which comes with a 30 day suspension for me as im not a fully licensed driver yet. I NEEEEED my vechile as i travel every single day for work/school and cannot afford to not be able to drive. Is there anyway to fight the ticket still, or at least fight the suspension that i have recieved?? PLEASE HELP!! No clue what to do next!!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Once youre convicted the suspension will be automatically applied by the Ministry. Im not aware of any means to dispute it. Your best bet is to immediately notify the Courts you wish to plead not guilty. You can try fighting the ticket outright, or work out a plea deal. If you get your speed reduced to 29 over you'll only face 3 demerit points.

That being said, I dont believe 4 demerit points is sufficient for a suspension on its own. Do you already have a few points on your licence?

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Fight the ticket. If it's your first one, you should be able to plea-bargain it down to a 3-point offence (or 0 points, if you're really lucky).

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply