billses

Questions Re: 11b Filing, Thanks!

by: billses on

After reviewing this and the ticket combat site, I still have some questions not answered, can anybody who filed 11b in the past can answer the following question? Thanks.

1. Do I have to use 'Notice of Application for Stay of Proceedings' instead of form 4F, will 4F work at all?

2. Do I have to swear the 'Notice of Application for Stay of Proceedings' or 4F even if I don't include any statement before serving Attorneys-General?

3. If I hand deliver the form or application to all parties and get stamped, do I need to swear anything like AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE after hand delivery?

4. My trial is scheduled in Scarborough, can I swear at South Toronto Court ( which close to my location )?

Thanks a lot!

diehard

by: diehard on

billses wrote:After reviewing this and the ticket combat site, I still have some questions not answered, can anybody who filed 11b in the past can answer the following question? Thanks.

1. Do I have to use 'Notice of Application for Stay of Proceedings' instead of form 4F, will 4F work at all?

2. Do I have to swear the 'Notice of Application for Stay of Proceedings' or 4F even if I don't include any statement before serving Attorneys-General?

3. If I hand deliver the form or application to all parties and get stamped, do I need to swear anything like AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE after hand delivery?

4. My trial is scheduled in Scarborough, can I swear at South Toronto Court ( which close to my location )?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Read the sticky topic on this same section.

You'll see the answers to your questions there.

Just follow the steps. My 11b was also in Scarborough (Toronto East Office).

1. don't use the 4F form (that's for criminal cases). Use the Notice of Application.

2. The notices served to the Attorneys have to be sworn before. Read my steps.

3. Yes, the Affidavit of Service has to be used to prove you have served them.

4. Not sure about this one.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

billses wrote:can I swear at South Toronto Court

You can certainly swear and curse all you want at... oh you're asking about swearing an oath... oops.

Okay, joking aside, you can get a document sworn by a Commissioner of Oaths at that courthouse, but you cannot submit the 11B to that courthouse; you have to submit it where the trial occurs... both the Prosecutor's office and the court. Either way, you'll have to deal with Scarborough, so you may as well either get it sworn in Scarborough (that way it's only one trip to one courthouse), or go see a separate Commissioner of Oaths or a Notary Public.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply