iscrewedupbigtime

125 In A 50 Zone !! Screwed Up Big Time

by: iscrewedupbigtime on

I was on my way back from an interview and needed to get to my previous school to get my teachers number because I was to give the company a reference and I did not have one during the interview but they had said it was okay for me to email it to them. So i rushed to get to my previous school to meet the teacher and get his number, to use as a reference i really needed this job as i was criminal charged for something else and lawyers don't come cheap. I'm a college student but i couldn't continue doing the next semester because i had to used my saved money to pay for the lawyer. I was going 125 as i didn't wanna miss the teacher again I really needed this job, as the road was clear in a 50 zone. Cop suspended my license for 7 days and took the car. I've never had a speeding ticket before other than a minior 10 over. What should i do, is there anyway i would be able to get this dropped ?

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Depends if they are proceeding with the stunt driving charge under s. 172 and/or the speeding charge under s. 128. They'll usually offer to drop one if you plead to the other, but, in my opinion, that's not that great a deal because I'm not sure if they would even be able to get convictions on both since they're essentially 2 charges for the same circumstances. I think one would be void for duplicity. Certainly I've never seen anyone get convicted on both.

I've seen people get the stunt driving dropped and the speeding reduced to 49 over, which is a much better deal, again, in my opinion. I have not seen many situations where prosecutors will be more lenient then that.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply