2winnocent

Disclosure Request Question.

by: 2winnocent on

First time I've gotten a speeding ticket.

So I went in and proceeded with a disclosure request in Toronto. I was met by a fairly rude clerk.

She said my sheet was imcomplete, and then proceeded to only copy down a small part of what was written onto the disclosure form. I insisted that she accept my letter as well, which she eventually did, stamped my copy and returned. Am I basically covered off, since she has a copy of my sheet as well?

She also told me that I would have to come in to pick up my disclosure. I've read on a few sites that they should have to mail it if I insist. She said they don't because I have to sign for it. I asked if it couldbe sent via registered mail, as I would have to sign for it. She still insisted they do not. Is this the case in Toronto?

She also said that they don't have to provide a copy of the ticket (Notice of Offence) and that I'd have to get my own copy by requesting one at Edward Street. Is this the case in Toronto?

She then proceeded to talk to me as if I was guilty, that my request for evidence is futile, and that all that would happen in court is that the officer and crown would present their case and since they had evidence and I did not, that I would be convicted. I just nodded politely, but unfazed.

So, is this generally how this sort of thing goes?

2winnocent

by: 2winnocent on

Yeah, I wasn't really initiating conversation with her, she just sort of started commenting.

But other than that, is that pretty much how everything should have gone down? The fact that she received (and stamped and returned a duplicate copy of) my request as prepared by modifying the template means I'm covered, correct?

Also, when they call about picking up my disclosure, can I insist it be mailed via registered mail? Or was she correct in saying that Toronto doesn't mail them?

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

FYI: Toronto says you have to pick up the disclosure. At least that's what I've done.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply