What An Unfair Ticket! (i Mean It!)

JayLeno

What An Unfair Ticket! (i Mean It!)

Unread post by JayLeno »

Hey everyone,

I got a ticket for speeding over 36km/h today on the highway by an undercover cop.

My position: Middle lane Left lane: Pick up truck Right lane: Slow driver
What happened:

I was roughly doing 110 km/h on the highway when I saw this impala behind the pick up truck at 3 second distance (I could feel the pickup truck slowing down to piss the guy off), I didn't care about it and bump it up to 115 km/h and was able to pass the pick up. Then the impala changes to my lane with a 3 second distance, now when he was behind me I pushed the pedal a bit to go about 120km/h and was able to pass the car on my right with the cop still following me from behind. Then I see him go on the right lane and going at the same speed as I am. I put my blinkers because my exit was close, I was slowing down and this jerk was also slowing down, I then speed up and he does the same thing resulting in him being beside me the whole time. So then I'm like "okay enough" I push the pedal to the metal and was doing about 135ish and I was able to go on the right lane for my exit. He then puts his sirens and give me a speeding ticket.

When he stopped me to ask me for my license and registration he told me he got me on the radar doing 136km/h.

Now my question is; Can I go in court and fight it?? I mean, I think the cop did it to really meet his monthly quota...which really pisses me off!

What do you guys think?

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

Of course you can go to court and fight it...but I'm wondering on what grounds? From what you described, you were speeding and you got a ticket. For what reason should you not be held legally responsible? If you can answer that, you'll know what to say in court.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
JayLeno

Unread post by JayLeno »

hey thanks for the reply,

Well I mean...he said he caught me doing 135 with his radar while he was behind me...is that even possible?

And he wasn't being an angel also (changing lane without blinkers or anything like that)

You think I can win that? Or at least have less point deducted from my license?

JayLeno

Unread post by JayLeno »

Ah I see...is there anything I can do to deduct less points? I don't care about paying the fine but I care a lot about the points...

What can I do? Or is there anything I can do?