foxhound29

Upcoming Court Date Questions

by: foxhound29 on

I was originally charged with 42km/h over but after talking with the prosecutor we have to come to an agreement of reducing the charge to disobeying a sign (2 demerit points) but still paying the original fine. The prosecutor has told me that i still must go to court on the set date however the officer will not be there.

Here's my questions:

1. Is there anything expected of me in court? For example do I explain myself again? Or simply go through the motions?

2. How long will it take? Is it going to be an "in and out" thing or could i be there for hours?

3. Can someone represent me for this or must it be me since we are making an agreement?

This is my first offence so im really not familiar with the court procedures. Thankss

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

foxhound29 wrote:1. Is there anything expected of me in court? For example do I explain myself again? Or simply go through the motions?

Just go through the motions. They will call your name, arraign you "you are charged on or about the (date) in the city of... with disobey sign contrary to the Highway Traffic Act section 182 (2), how do you plead?" Then you will say "guilty."

foxhound29 wrote:2. How long will it take? Is it going to be an "in and out" thing or could i be there for hours?

Depends on the courthouse, but since you have accepted a plea deal, expect to be there for less than an hour.

foxhound29 wrote:3. Can someone represent me for this or must it be me since we are making an agreement?

Someone can represent you, but if I were in your situation, I'd show up to make sure it is done right.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply