A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

mr888

Failing To Stop?

by: mr888 on

So I was driving today in pouring rain, so visibility was pretty bad, and out of nowhere someone jumps on the road and shows his hand, now I went around him and kept driving but then I thought about it and think it might of been a cop hiding with a speed trap? he was wearing all dark clothes however with a hat so i didnt think it was a cop, I just thought it was some jay walker or something, so im thinking could this come back to me if it was a cop and got my plates?

do they speed trap in pouring rain?.. wow

viper1

by: viper1 on

mr888 wrote:So I was driving today in pouring rain, so visibility was pretty bad, and out of nowhere someone jumps on the road and shows his hand, now I went around him and kept driving but then I thought about it and think it might of been a cop hiding with a speed trap? he was wearing all dark clothes however with a hat so i didnt think it was a cop, I just thought it was some jay walker or something, so im thinking could this come back to me if it was a cop and got my plates?

do they speed trap in pouring rain?.. wow

Yes they will I have seen them set-up under bridges.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

mr888 wrote: I thought about it and think it might of been a cop hiding with a speed trap?

Usually in poor visibility the police will wear bright reflective vests so there is little chance that you'd mistake them for a jaywalker. Secondly, if you really did fail to stop, chances are pretty good that they'd have chased after you and pulled you over. Although there's a chance it may have been a cop, it is most likely some dumb@$$ jaywalker who thinks that crossing the road safely is everyone else's responsibility.

I guess the other question is, were you speeding at the time?

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
mr888

by: mr888 on

Radar Identified wrote:
mr888 wrote: I thought about it and think it might of been a cop hiding with a speed trap?

Usually in poor visibility the police will wear bright reflective vests so there is little chance that you'd mistake them for a jaywalker. Secondly, if you really did fail to stop, chances are pretty good that they'd have chased after you and pulled you over. Although there's a chance it may have been a cop, it is most likely some dumb@$$ jaywalker who thinks that crossing the road safely is everyone else's responsibility.

I guess the other question is, were you speeding at the time?

Yeah, they usually wear those lime green rain jackets if its bad out. I was doing 10 over max though, so jumping out on the road in bad visibility would just be poor judgement by the cop.

Post a Reply