A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

nixon.

Paid Reinstatement Fee, Got License Back But...

by: nixon. on

Alright, so i had gotten a ticket and had my license suspended for driving with a BAC above zero, with a G2. I got a 3 day suspension, and a $110 fine.

So i have already paid both the $110 fine, and have gotten a letter from the mto saying my license was reinstated once i paid the $150 reinstatement fee. and now a month later, i get a letter saying as of Aug 30, 2010 my license is suspended for 30 days, and i will need to pay $150 reinstatement fee.

now my question is this, how is it possible for them to suspend my license twice, and make me pay $150 twice to get it back, for one offence...? like have it suspended, and tell me i can drive, and i paid the fee. now saying oh your license is suspended again. to get it back after 30 days pay $150 again

is this right....

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Go down to the MTO and show them the recipits. Sounds like an error on their end.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
nixon.

Reflections wrote:Go down to the MTO and show them the recipits. Sounds like an error on their end.

i will do this, thanks... ill post back letchya know how it goes...

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

The three day is done on the side of the road for blowing above a 40mg/100 ml of alcohol and below 100mg/100ml of alcohol. Basically the Alcotest registerd an "A" when you provided the sample.

If you had blown 39 mg/100ml the alcotest would have registered a BAC number and you would have been given a 24 hour suspension and you would have had to go to the police station to get your dl back(no re-in-statement fee).

The 30 day is for violating the G2 conditions of having a BAC above 0mg/100ml of alcohol.

The 30 day is decided by the MTO and is a separate violation.

OPS

nixon.

OPS Copper wrote:The three day is done on the side of the road for blowing above a 40mg/100 ml of alcohol and below 100mg/100ml of alcohol. Basically the Alcotest registerd an "A" when you provided the sample.

If you had blown 39 mg/100ml the alcotest would have registered a BAC number and you would have been given a 24 hour suspension and you would have had to go to the police station to get your dl back(no re-in-statement fee).

The 30 day is for violating the G2 conditions of having a BAC above 0mg/100ml of alcohol.

The 30 day is decided by the MTO and is a separate violation.

OPS

Yes, I do realize this, but its the sheer fact that they're double dipping, in a sense, to make me pay $300 in total, to get my license back for ONE offense.

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

not double dipping. Two independent suspensions. one offense is driving with over 50 BAC and the second offense is driving with BAC greater than 0.

You made the choice to drive after drinking with the G2... This is now one of the consequences for that choice.

You want your DL back you have to pay the fee.

GS

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Same offence (sort of), two suspensions...

What I can see is that MTO should have sent a single notice advising that you would need to pay two separate licence reinstatement fees... however, it's the government, they aren't exactly known for being great with the communication aspect of things...

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply