Improper Left Turn - Don Mills At Eglington

Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
ydsal

Improper Left Turn - Don Mills At Eglington

Unread post by ydsal »

**this post cut off a bottom of an old thread, by HTA Mod HB**

Had a similar thing happen to me in the same intersection.

Seems like a bit of a scam. I definitely made the left turn into the intersection crossing the left-most lane though I did drift to the right beyond the intersection and can't recall of I signalled. I'll do the request to get the police records on this.

Same thing though, the police officer suggested I fight it in court. I'm skeptical about this entire setup. They had us pulled over on the right side of the road, and I saw his partner even went after someone making a right onto Eglington where the car went into the 2nd lane.. but like with a cop car, and two cars parked so close to the intersection it seemed unfair to go after the people.

This is a 4 lane road, I really doubt there are accidents because people cut the turn on a regular basis. Seems like they're filling a quota and then doing the 'hey show up in court' so that they can earn their OT paycheque.

But I definitely did cross the intersection properly because I recall there were pedestrians that had rushed ahead of the delayed green standing in the medium, and one was a mother with child so I slowed down in the turn to make sure she had control of her kid. Next thing you know I have a police officer waiving me over.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

just an FYI

HTA 141(7)

where more than one lane of a highway has been designated as a left-turn lane, the driver or operator of a vehicle intending to turn to the left into an intersecting highway shall approach the intersection in one of the lanes and leave the intersection in the lane of the intersecting highway that corresponds to the lane from which the turn was commenced

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
OTTLegal

Unread post by OTTLegal »

Just an FYI

The ticket has 2 demerit points on it, if you pay the ticket it will go on your driving record and to your insurance for 3 years. You should make sure that dispute the ticket in traffic court.

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal