Good Experience With O.p.p.

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

Komitet

Good Experience With O.p.p.

Unread post by Komitet »

I was recently pulled over for speeding on hwy 11. I was going up hill with cruise on, my truck slowed to about 115kmh when I got to the peak of the hill it dropped a gear and got to 124kmh, I was in the left lane and passed a car, it just so happened to be an unmarked patrol.

Here's a couple things that helped me immensley,

1. When he hit his lights I immediately indicated I was pulling over, signal on slowing down, don't hit the brakes, I doubt they want to hit you.

2. I found an area I could pull WAY off the side of the road to make it safer for him.

3. I rolled down all my windows, turned on my interior lights and put Both hands on the wheel.

4. I was very polite, asked permission to get my paperwork.

The officer dropped my ticket to 115kmh in a 100kmh zone. But he didn't put a fine in the boxes, the ticket was quashed when I went to pay it, I actually feel kinda bad about that as I was in the wrong and I know it.

So here's a question, do officers get in trouble when they fill out a ticket incorrectly, as in discipline?

As a general rule if I'm speeding I keep it around 20% of the limit, and putting about 1500km a week on our highways it's worked so far.

Thanks for keeping our highways safe.

Science will fly you to the moon, religion will fly you into buildings.
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Komitet wrote:So here's a question, do officers get in trouble when they fill out a ticket incorrectly, as in discipline?

No discipline. Errors happen from time to time.

Now if an officer would make errors on a majority of tickets, then it would be an issue to deal with and find out why those errors are happening.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca