A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

94Ranger

Ontario Bumper Laws? Bumpers And Flashing Lights

by: 94Ranger on

Of bumpers and flashing lights, I do believe I've been owned...

Leaving work today heading down 11/17 (Northwestern Ontario)

95 kilometers an hour in a 90 zone. First ticket was disobey sign, $110 dollars for speeding.

Also got a written warning in regards to my rear bumper. I have 72 hours to repair/replace it.

The vehicle has been modified for hunting and as such, I have winches front and rear. I made the bumpers myself, but, the large diameter thick wall tubing they are made out of is 1000x stronger than the factory bumpers.

The warning states that the rear bumper does not protect the vehicle.... What constitutes a rear bumper? What does it have to have? Where is it listed? The plate is a custom bracket with a 40w LED light on it, so the plate is good. The bumper is also heavily braced to the frame of the truck. (Im a welder and got carried away when I built it)

thanks a bunch!!!!

Sum it up, $110 bogus speeding ticket and a bumper warning

'94 Ford Ranger, `91 Ford Mustang

Cops have a hard job, never around when you need them, always around when you dont!
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

HTA OREG 611 Vehicle Safety Inspections

Schedule 1

1. (1) The body, sheet metal and equipment shall be inspected and tested for conditions hazardous to occupants, pedestrians or vehicles and,

(a) no bumper, fender or mudguard shall have been removed;

(b) each bumper shall be securely mounted;

(d) no bumper, fender, molding or other part shall have a broken, bent or sharp edge that protrudes in such a way as to constitute a hazard to persons or vehicles;

I'm sure there is something in the Canadian Vehicle Standards, but if I recall correctly it has to do with how much "crush" is allowed at certain speeds, but couldn't find it right now ...

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Bookm

by: Bookm on

5-over the limit?... YOU MONSTER!

Got a pic of the bumper?

94Ranger

by: 94Ranger on

I'll head outside with the camera this afternoon and snap a couple.

I love the loophole this cop found, instead of a 30 dollar fine for 5 over, i get 110 dollar fine for disobey sign.....

In all reality, that is about as fast as the truck will go at the momment, its fuel swilling power mad v6 died, and the 4 cylinder I replaced it with is not cutting the mustard....

'94 Ford Ranger, `91 Ford Mustang

Cops have a hard job, never around when you need them, always around when you dont!
Post a Reply