Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
diggyj

Disobey Sign Hta 182(2) What Is The Definition?

by: diggyj on

Hello all, new to the board. Wish I had found this sooner as I have got my share of tickets over the years.

Anyways, without getting into the details, I was just wondering if someone has an exact definiton of HTA section 182(2). I was chareged under that section, yet there was no sign up and still there is no sign up so I am curious if there is another defintion, interpretation of that law.

Are lane markers considered signs?

I was charged $110 and 2 points. I am going to my first attendance tomorrow afternoon at 1530 Markham Road.

Thanks,

DJ

diggyj

by: diggyj on

Just an update for anyone interested.

I went to my first attendance meeting and I was really expecting a horror show from a time/organizational standpoint, but I must say it was very smooth. I was at the court at Markham and Milner. Had a 3pm appointment and the JOP was very fast with the people. She discusses everything in the open so you can hear what other people are being charged with.

When it was my turn she said she could knock it down to 0 points and the fine would be $40. I said sure. So it turns out to be $40 + $10 + $5, victim surcharges so it is going to cost me $55. I plead guilty to a charge of failing to something, can't remember what it was. I also asked for 90 days to pay, since I have trouble parting with money for something so stupid and something I still have trouble figuring out what I did.

I am kind of happy, but again, there was no sign, and to this day there is still no sign that I disobeyed. So I can only assume that I went over a lane marker.

DJ

Neely2005

by: Neely2005 on

diggyj wrote:Just an update for anyone interested.

I went to my first attendance meeting and I was really expecting a horror show from a time/organizational standpoint, but I must say it was very smooth. I was at the court at Markham and Milner. Had a 3pm appointment and the JOP was very fast with the people. She discusses everything in the open so you can hear what other people are being charged with.

When it was my turn she said she could knock it down to 0 points and the fine would be $40. I said sure. So it turns out to be $40 + $10 + $5, victim surcharges so it is going to cost me $55. I plead guilty to a charge of failing to something, can't remember what it was. I also asked for 90 days to pay, since I have trouble parting with money for something so stupid and something I still have trouble figuring out what I did.

I am kind of happy, but again, there was no sign, and to this day there is still no sign that I disobeyed. So I can only assume that I went over a lane marker.

DJ

So then I guess your car insurance will be going up then? (Since you plead guilty)

Post a Reply