toybus

Prosecutor Did Not Get To Me, Had To Leave.

by: toybus on

i was at my appeal 9am court, i had to work at 2pm so i figured i had enough time right?

wrong!

i was in court for 4 hours and then i had no choice but to leave to go to work. i had clearly stated to the prosecutor during recess that i need to leave by 1230 for work at the very latest and he said that he would get to me right away after the recess.

the recess finished at 1130 and i waited for him to call me until 1pm! i had to leave then or i would have been late for work.

what can i do?

OTTLegal

by: OTTLegal on

The first thing is you have to go back to the court and find out what happened to your case.

If it was Appeal court the case may have been marked as abandoned, or the prosecutor may have adjourned it for you.

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal
toybus

thanks for the reply.

my court date was nov. 18th. do you think its too late? and if so could i have it reopend?

thanks so much...

toybus

thanks for the advice.

i went to the court today and had the appeal reinstated. do you think i can use any of this as part of my "defense"

-had to wait 4 hrs in court and they did not get to me, they were proceeding with people that had appointments 2hrs after mine!

-still need further disclosure.... they say they have nothing further to disclose...?

thanks.

Post a Reply