Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
zeze1266

Disobey Sign Ticket Instead Of Speeding Ticket???????????

by: zeze1266 on

Today, while driving down Hwy 10 south of 24, there was an unmarked cruiser going 90 in the passing lane with a long line of cars held up behind him. I had set my cruise control to the same, he then slowed down slightly so I ended up passing him ever so slowly on the right, he then pulls me over, I think he was trying to intimidate traffic and didn't like being passed. Can they intimidate people like this, not only was he wrong, this is what would cause road rage with normal drivers.

Anyway, first question to me was if I knew the posted speed, which I replied yes I did. I also commented on him driving slow for hwy 10 in the passing lane a causing a jam. I live in Hwy 10 and everyone know this road at the best of times travels at 100km at best.

I thought he would give me a ticket for speeding, the ticket says disobey sign. I have no idea what this means, must have been 6 cars including the Opp all traveling at the same speed doing exactly what I was doing..........

If he didn't like me passing him, why not a speeding ticket, I have no idea what sign he refers to.

Any insight would be appreciated.

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

Same fine...NO demerits......A stop sign is an official sign....hence the disobey official sign....

Seems he cut you a break

GS

OTTLegal

by: OTTLegal on

What an officer decides to charge you with is totally up to the officer.

The charge says that there is a sign posted displaying the speed limit and that you disobeyed the sign.

The charge has 2 demerit points attached to it. If you pay the ticket it goes on your driving record for three years.

The section should be 182.2

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal
zeze1266

by: zeze1266 on

OTTLegal wrote:What an officer decides to charge you with is totally up to the officer.

the charge says that there is a sign posted displaying the speed limit and that you disobeyed the sign.

Shouldn't he have identified the sign that was disobeyed?

He makes reference to his radar, shouldn't he them have charged me with speeding, or perhaps he didn't have anything on me, just didn't like me driving along side of him and didn't know what else to charge me with. he is a bully, just hope he is not doing this with others.

OTTLegal

by: OTTLegal on

It was the "sign" on the side of the road that said "Speed Limit 80".

Thats the sign that was disobeyed.

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal
Post a Reply