Grapes

126 In A 80 Zone

by: Grapes on

Got caught in Operation Impact in Kwarthas on Thanksgiving Monday at 7.50 in the morning going down a steep hill. Officer was ahead of me on road and at bottom pulled over and I passed doing speed limit. Officer pulled me over and said I was 4 klic away from losing my car. Said I was doing 126 in a 80. Any suggestions would be appreciated......have to go to Lindsay on either this Friday or next to go with option 2 or 3. .....clean record for 20 years.

Thanks

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Option 3. Request disclosure, see the notes.

This is a hefty charge, your insurance rate will go up. Get in tough with a paralegal, what they charge to beat the ticket completely should be more than worth it compared to insurance increases.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Grapes

Spoke with XCopper.....they basically said it would be next to impossible to beat it completely and really hard to get it down to 15 over. The best they could offer was getting down a point and maybe 29k under.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

My most recent ticket was 32-over.

Disclosure came with an offer of a reduction to 20-over (ignored it)

Showed up for court and got 15-over ($45 / no points) with no paralegal. Those who showed up with a paralegal got the same deal.

If it were me, I would speak to the Crown and explain that the cop got the wrong car (as noted by more than one witness in your car) and you will not accept a plea offer if you have to attend on your trial date. 15-over would be acceptable to avoid a long drive.

Sometimes you have to accept that we live in a society where even cops make mistakes now and then and the odd bogus ticket is just the price we pay for leaving the security of our home in the morning ;)

coolcustomer

by: coolcustomer on

For those who don't know, can we quote witch chapter of the charter of rights we're talking about exactly? I'm asking because I don't know and looking like a jack in da box in court seems fairly likely.

liveontheedge

by: liveontheedge on

Disclosure is charter protected, section 7 of the Charter.

But is there any rule saying that it must be provided before the 15 days expired?

Grapes

If you go for option 2, can you still get disclosure of the officers notes. And also...what is difference between radar and pacing......I am assuming radar but since I never caught up to the officer until they were slowing down i.e braking at bottom of hill(lost sight contact going over hill) could I have been clocked by pacing and is that a usual technique.

Post a Reply