Where Transfer Of Ownership Or End Of Lease Sect. 11
11. (1) Upon the holder of a permit ceasing to be the owner or lessee of the motor vehicle or trailer referred to in the permit, he, she or it shall,
(a) remove his, her or its number plates from the vehicle;
(b) retain the plate portion of the permit; and
(c) on delivery of the vehicle,
(i) to the new owner, complete and sign the transfer application of the vehicle portion of the permit including the date of the delivery and give that portion of the permit to the new owner, or
(ii) to a lessor, give the vehicle portion of the permit to the lessor. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 11 (1).
Re-issue of permit
(2) Every person shall, within six days after becoming the owner of a motor vehicle or trailer for which a permit has been issued, apply to the Ministry, on the form provided therefor, for a new permit for the vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 11 (2).
Temporary use of plates
(3) Despite section 12, a person to whom number plates have been issued under subsection 7 (7) for a vehicle the person no longer owns or leases may affix the number plates to a similar class of vehicle that the person owns or leases where it is done in accordance with the prescribed requirements. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 11 (3).
(4) Despite section 7 and clauses 12 (1) (d) and (e), a person may drive a motor vehicle or draw a trailer on a highway within six days after becoming the owner of the motor vehicle or trailer where the person complies with the prescribed requirements. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 11 (4).
Note: On a day to be named by proclamation of the Lieutenant Governor, section 11 is amended by the Statutes of Ontario, 1999, chapter 12, Schedule R, section 4 by adding the following subsection:
(5) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations,
(a) permitting the application to the Ministry under subsection (2) by electronic means, instead of on the provided form;
(b) prescribing classes of persons that may apply by electronic means and the circumstances in which they may do so. 1999, c. 12, Sched. R, s. 4.
See: 1999, c. 12, Sched. R, ss. 4, 21.
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"
www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
- Similar Topics
New post question on dealer transfer of plate to a new car
Last post by bobajobReplies: 1
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:29 am
Posted in General Talkby bobajob in General TalkLast post by bobajob Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:29 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest