Who Is Held Responsible For Improper Maintenance Of A Road?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

etcheffects

Who Is Held Responsible For Improper Maintenance Of A Road?

Unread post by etcheffects »

First off ... if this is the wrong forum for posting, I apologize as I could not find one that pertains to my question

I realize general road maintenance is the responsibility of the township that it covers, although when the road is being used by heavy equipment [CN rebuilding in area] large tractor-trailers and dump trucks with tandem trailers filled with large gravel traveled up and down the road all summer causing 'tire tracks' in the road from over-weigh loads.

Also the road traveled on a daily basis was 'patched' shortly after the accident - it still a rather bumpy road to be travelling on any time of the year.

There are no posted signs on road [Speed Limit - Road Weight Max Allowed] which seems to cause daily damage to the road with tractor-trailers that should be using main highways.

Who is responsible for causing the damage to the road which in turn had been a contributing factor in my accident happening [as when I had braked .. my tires of the truck had fallen into the pothole which had filled with water causing me to hydroplane and roll my vehicle.

Anxiously awaiting a reply a this question

Thanking all in advance and await a reasonable explanation.

Until then,

Thank you

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

What youre asking would really be a question for the civil courts, where theyd have to decide if the Township exercised due care in maintaining the road in light of the construction, etc. Its not something thats covered by the Highway Traffic Act.

etcheffects

Unread post by etcheffects »

Make & Model of MY vehicle WAS 2009 Ford Ranger [less than 30,000 km]

[reg. cab] 4x2 with Continental Tires that were sold with truck from lot

paul1913

Unread post by paul1913 »

I second the statement re Civil matter...