Got Ticket For Failing To Surrender Permit For Motor Vehicle

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

philkesselpwns

Got Ticket For Failing To Surrender Permit For Motor Vehicle

Unread post by philkesselpwns »

Ok, so heres the shake down. It was about 12:30 a.m. at night i was with my friend driving him home from a party doing 80km in a 60 zone and the cop was in the opposite lane and did a uturn and followed me for about 5 minutes only to finally pull me over :( He said i also didnt make a complete stop at one of the stop signs which i know i did because i knew there was a cop following me for 5 minutes... also the cops searched the whole car and my friend because he smelt split bong water in there from my buddy. he found beer cans under my friends seat as well one was half full which we had no idea about they were from one of my other friends from the party that had left them there. So i ended up getting a fine for failing to surrender permit for motor vehicle which i am very lucky i only got but if i go to the prosecutor with a valid up to date permit will he reduce my fines or give me community service work? or wll he see that i could of gotten a fine for havng open alcohol, speeding, and rolling thorugh a stop sign? i dont know what to do? Also i really feel bad for my friend as he got an underage drinking fine for those beer cans that werent even his! so what should i do?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The Crown may offer a plea deal to a reduced fine, but they will likely be aware of the possible other charges and reduction you were already granted. Community service work isn't something that would be an option for this type of offence.