Officer gave me an extra copy of my ticket

buckha
Officer gave me an extra copy of my ticket

Unread post by buckha on

So I got a ticket for drinking in public (liquor license act Sect 32(2))and was about to pay for it when i noticed their was two tickets. One of them was the offense notice(green) and the other enforcement agency record(white). Now i was wondering if that enforcement agency record copy was the officers and if I would have to pay the fine.

Mugwug
Unread post by Mugwug on

Yep, the "certificate of offence" will still be processed (that's a different copy altogether), the extra copy you have may be a neat souvenir, but its absence won't nullify your ticket. You can still fight it (or request an early resolution meeting) of course.

The Stig

Unread post by The Stig on

The extra copy is no big deal. My question is whether you typo'd the section wrong or not. Does it actually say 32(2)?

buckha
Unread post by buckha on

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry about posting this in the wrong section I was trying to figure out how to move it after i posted it but couldn't figure it out. And under sect i believe it says 32(2) it could very well be a messed up looking 37(2). Thanks again!

The Stig

Unread post by The Stig on

buckha wrote:Thanks for the help guys. Sorry about posting this in the wrong section I was trying to figure out how to move it after i posted it but couldn't figure it out. And under sect i believe it says 32(2) it could very well be a messed up looking 37(2). Thanks again!
Could it be 31(2)?

Return to “Failing to obey signs”