According to the ontario website http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads ... rit-points
-says i need to get 6
According to MTO website http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... .6.0.shtml
-also says i need 6
So basically, can I drive? I have been arranging a carpool to work for the past week, but could I have been driving this whole time?
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/ ... K0[quote]9. (1) The Registrar shall, after giving notice, suspend or cancel the drivers licence of a novice driver as provided in subsection (2) in the following circumstance:
1. The novice driver is convicted of any of the offences described in subsection (3). O. Reg. 205/10, s. 6.
(2) Subject to subsections (4) and 10 (5), the Registrar shall,
(a) upon a novice drivers first conviction for any of the offences, suspend the drivers licence of the person for 30 days;
(b) upon a novice drivers second conviction for any of the offences, suspend the drivers licence of the person for 90 days; and
(c) upon a novice drivers third conviction for any of the offences, cancel the drivers licence of the person. O. Reg. 205/10, s. 6.
(3) Subsection (1) applies with respect to any of the following offences:
1. An offence under subsection 44.1 (3) of the Act.
2. A contravention of any of the conditions specified in section 5, 6 or 7 of this Regulation.
3. An offence under the Act set out in Column 1 of the Table to the Demerit Point Regulation for which the number of demerit points set out opposite thereto in Column 2 is four or more, regardless of whether or not demerit points have been recorded.[/quote]There is a simplified version on the MTO website: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... 10.2.shtml
Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
49 km/h over? ouch!!! you should slow down
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests