I got my disclosure and trial date. Please see attach. Any suggest is greatly appreciated. I was thinking to pay this ticket and take the hit.
I was never show the laser by the OPP. the OPP is just verbally tell me my speed.
- 20170524131429404_Page_4.tif (48.25 KiB) Viewed 455 times
- 20170524131429404_Page_3.tif (36.37 KiB) Viewed 455 times
- 20170524131429404_Page_2.tif (37.56 KiB) Viewed 455 times
To answer your original question, an officer doesn't have to show you the reading on the side of the road. They will leave all the info in their notes and that's how it will be made available to you.
Your ticket was reduced from 31 over. Are you a fully licensed G driver or do you have a G1/G2?
The notes are well written. Probably some of the most detailed laser notes i've seen posted here on the board.
- 3ticketsmall.jpg (305.2 KiB) Viewed 451 times
- 2ticketsmall.jpg (412.4 KiB) Viewed 451 times
- 1ticketsmall.jpg (389.8 KiB) Viewed 451 times
The officer reduced it to 15 over which is 0 demerit (although this can still cause your insurance to increase as insurance does not care about demerits).
If you go to trial and LOSE, then they raise it back up to the original 131 in a 100 (31 over and 4 demerit points).
Do you have the money to hire a paralegal AND an expert witness to testify against the officer? If not, then you will most likely lose. So probably just better to pay it and move on.
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Thank you for fixing my photo.
How is paralegal is going to help me? I guess I should pay and move on.
Once again, Thank you all.