license suspended for over 3 years.

DENNISTHEW
license suspended for over 3 years.

Unread post by DENNISTHEW on

My license has been suspended for over 3 years from Ontario. I recently moved back to Ontario from Manitoba. I contacted the MTO and they told me because it was suspended for over 3 years I would have to start back at G1 class. I was in a car accident about a year and a half ago. I reported the accident at a police investigation center. Nothing was said about my suspension. I never received notice of a suspension or anything for that matter. I have paid the fine and reinstatement fees. Is there anything I can do to get the time limit of my suspension extended to get my proper license back? I was living in Manitoba and couldn't do anything from there without a car.

Youttleste
Unread post by Youttleste on

Sounds really weird. Guess this happened due to some mistake in paper work. You better consult an automotive Lawyer at the earliest.

Decatur
Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur on

If you didn't have a full G class licence in Ontario when it was suspended you will probably have to re-start the whole process again. A class G1 or G2 is only valid for 5 years and prior to expiration you either have to test for the next level or do a retest for that current level to renew it.
See the following Regulation for details. http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/e ... _e.htm#BK5

Return to “Driving While Suspended”